Now you have a good means of transportation, that will get you from point A to point B. Now you have to protect it. Yes we all know that automobile insurance is a “must have”. It is very expensive especially in Virginia. Here some ways you can save money:
1. Compare and Analyze. You can confer with different online insurance quote services in order to see what’s available out there. You can also consult consumer information provided by Virginia insurance department. These guides will tell you what kind of policy or coverage you made need and give you sample rates just so you can get a feel of how much it will cost you and what you need.
2. Request higher deductibles. When you file a claim the deductible is the amount you have to pay out of your pocket before your insurance company starts helping paying for the deductible. The higher your deductibles are the less you will have to pay on your monthly premiums. This can save you hundreds and hundreds of dollars a year.
3. Opt out on collision and comprehensive coverage on old cars. If your car is not even worth $2,000 then you can end up paying more for the coverage than you would if you were to file a claim.
4. To make sure you save as much as you can you should look into the discounts available. Some insurance companies will give you discounts for having airbags and other safety features.
5. Maintain a good credit record. Most insurers don’t tell you this but if you have a good credit report you will definitely have to pay less. If you have a good credit report than insurers know that you pay your bills on time, don’t skip payments and that you don’t open and close accounts frequently. They use all this information to settle on a insurance risk score.